RS Logix 5000 - Why will this ONS combo not work.

Good Evening ,

I'm trying to finish this project , and I have the last portion finished , at least I thought I did. I copied and pasted a rung in another sub-routine , but I used a different ONS. I'm indexing a conveyor individually .5 in one sub-routine , and then in the other sub-routine I'm indexing a scaled .485 to the same REAL tag. I attached a screenshot showing what I'm trying to accomplish.

I understand , through you guys , that what we see in our ladder logic on the screen is not really what the processor is seeing .

I just cannot get my .485 rung to work . The .5 rung works fine. I know it is a unorthodox way of doing it , and I'm sure you guys have a much better way of doing this , but most of this works . I really don't have time to completly modify it , for two reasons , that I may screw things up , and I really don't have time since the project was suppose to be done at the beginning of January .

Thanks so much in advance,

Make sure the tag used by the ONS is not used anywhere else in the code.

Make sure something else isn't overwriting the destination tag value immediately setting it back to the value shown.

as Okie said, make sure the tag is not being used somewhere else or is defined as a different bit.

just guessing, also check any alias tags that might be associated with this bit.
I cannot open the zip file at work, so just guessing.

james

kamenges ,
No , they are different .

OkiePC and James Mcquade ,

Let me double check that. I know one I'm using alot throughout the problem.

I just made a new REAL tag , and that rung works , so you may be on to something.

Thanks for your input.

maybe this will help the rest of the members troubleshoot ... here's what's in the ZIP file - just a screen shot ... I'm swamped tonight ...

QUESTION: can you post the entire project file? ...

Last edited:
Well, I'm confused. OP wrote in the markup the same

"M42_Recipe_1_Final_Gauge_Roll_FPM"

but rung 32 or the .5 rung is

"M42_Recipe_1_Final_Gauge_Roll_FPM_1"

that's two different tags.

also, this statement is confusing: "Same REAL tag. I don't see that tag gets used in the 2nd rung.

Has the scope for the ONS tag been set to global or has it been set to local and used in the wrong subroutine that the scope has been set to?
Given that you copy/pasted

Steve