CCW Micro820 Questions

toddp65

While creating a project, I've discovered an issue trying to utilize related instructions from others in different programs. It seems as if if you use and OTE called Level switch On and then try to use the same address for and XIC in another program (routine) in the main program, it doesn't seem to correlate.

The OTE is in an input mapping program and the XIC is another control program. There doesn't seem to be an calls or JSR so it appears as if all of my routines are active. I couldn't just copy and past or drag and drop that address from the OTE to the XIC, doesn't seem possible.

Does all associated code need to take place in the same program (routine).??

If your program is put together by using smaller programs and you want a variable to be visible to all programs they will have to be "GLOBAL", otherwise, they are only available to the local program.

I figured as much, I thought when I created those particular tags they were global. When I made one single program with all the tags vice multiple they obviously worked. This is experimental so when I redo the program I’ll ensure they’re global.

Just so you are aware, all you have to do is "CUT and PASTE"!

Cut the tag from the local and paste it to the global.

Just make sure you "CUT" because if you copy - it will be the local tag that gets updated!

I just discovered in order to avoid that mess would be to initially create the tag, no matter what program, changing the scope to user global variables. Seems like by default it choses local scope.