Twidosuite

1Lynx1

I just started using Twidosuite and did a backup on a PLC, just because it's old and to be able to convert the program to whatever (new) PLC there may be once the old one fries.

I noticed that some of the timers used in the program have a preset value of 9999, so my question is if that's "normal" or if it could be a slip up from one of the original programmers once they downloaded the program to the PLC from start?

I know that the PLC has "recently" been replaced, maybe 1-2 years ago, and after that then some functions have been lost so it has been necessary to implement some workarounds to get these functions back, using relays, etc.

The PLC is a Twido, TWDLC-A24DRF.

We don't knows what timers does in the your process, but a 1 sec timer at 9999 = 166 minutes and all the other 9999 are 10 ms = 1.6 minutes it does seem excessive. What does %TM1 control? Do the ms timers time seem excessive for what they are controlling?

Hi Duckman, thanks for the reply.

Correct, timer 1 and timer 2 works together to control a digital output, which to me implies that "somethings missing" as they should have some other, more "viable" preset value to work with, other than the default value of 9999.

I was a bit wary about sharing the actual rungs, but I guess a few could be in order to highlight the problem at hand.

Wouldn't want the forum to be in some kind of problem with regards to OEM/proprietary rights issues, even though the "machine" is a few years old.

With no comments on the rungs or any descriptions re the bit's and no idea about the process, l will leave this to the gurus. But l feel even they will require a lot more info to be able to offer any advise.

You have several sections where the timer preset denoted as %TMx.P has a value assigned to it in the ladder, that maybe why the preset has been left at 9999 as they are assigned during the program run.

With no comments on the rungs or any descriptions re the bit's and no idea about the process, l will leave this to the gurus. But l feel even they will require a lot more info to be able to offer any advise.

I just uploaded the program as is from the PLC, I don't have any symbolics for the operands.

You have several sections where the timer preset denoted as %TMx.P has a value assigned to it in the ladder, that maybe why the preset has been left at 9999 as they are assigned during the program run.

Interesting, many thanks.

I guess I have to dive a little deeper into how timers are handled in the (Twido PLC) program, if they indeed are assigned during normal program run, in which case it makes a lot of sense.

11.pdf have probably some speed calculation of axle. Calculation is updated every 5 seconds.

13.pdf / rung 8 and rung 10 have time setting fot timer TM1 and TM2 (%TM1.p= )
Time setting is readed from analog input (Pot?)

11.pdf have probably some speed calculation of axle. Calculation is updated every 5 seconds.

13.pdf / rung 8 and rung 10 have time setting fot timer TM1 and TM2 (%TM1.p= )
Time setting is readed from analog input (Pot?)

Thank you kindly.

Ok, I clearly have to study Twido PLC programming, so for now I'm fine with all the answers I've got here.