Connecting a Schneier TSX37 PLC to a GSM modem

Leonardo

I want to connect a Micro PLC of shneider w(tsx37) with a GSM modem. Does onyone knows if there is a manufactorer who provides such a device.
I know Gener has analog modems and accessories of Schneider PLC ‘s

thanks!

The native protocol for the Schneider TSX-Micro is Uni-Telway. I do not have any experience using modems with Uni-Telway.

I would add a Modbus communications card (TSXSCP111) and then a more common modem. Another, but more expensive option, is to use the new ETZ ethernet/modem module.

What is the modem going to do (i.e. provide remote programming)? Is the PLC going to intiate calls? What device is on the other end of the phone line?

Hi Leonardo

I haven't used modem with Telemecanique PLC's either, but I have used some with other brands.

So if you interested I can reel off some GSM modems.

One of the GSM modems I have used, is Wavecom WMOD2B. It's dualband, 900/1800 or 900/1900MHz
Check http://www.wavecom.com/products/index.php
But it looks like there is a new model or WMOD have changed name to Fastrack..

Westermo have also a GSM modem: http://www.westermo.se/handbook4/products/contents/GSM.html (But I think GS-01 orginally is a Wavecom single band 900MHz modem)
Westermo GS-01 have been used to connected to a TSX37 using Unitelway by a company here in Norway, but I don't the configuration...

The third is Maxon MM6854, but I liked Wavecom better. For instance: I didn't find any command to disable PIN. But it was cheaper...

Those examples are modems only, but there are also handy's with modem (phone and modem in one)

One example is Ericsson GS18. It had a very good modem, but was not a fancy phone. Not in sale anymore.

Using the software for my favorite brand (not Telemecanique...), in the hardware settings I also find: Siemens S4 data, Nokia 8110 data and Siemens M20.

Other GSM products I know have been used, is: Siemens M1 and modems from falcom: http://www.falcom.de/e/e-produkte.html

To connect a GSM modem to your PLC for remote connection :
Modems have RS232 interface, so you need a RS232 on the PLC or a converter if you want to use the TER-port.

Adjust the unitelway setting to: 9600 8N1. Try also to increase the wait time.
The GSM modem must also be configured (by terminal or hyperterminal for instance). Make the modem independed of the PLC, find commands for open SIM, echo off, resultcodes off, disable DTR, autoanswer on, etc etc.

Good luck

Modem Kit

I can see that you're in Belgium so maybe you can just ask Schneider France or one of their resaler that provides a kit for GSM communication.

Otehr way is to go through the ETZ module.