Plc-5 ai card address in rslogix 5 software

Hello Everyone,

i am having issue with adding input & output cards of PLC-5 in RSLOGIX-5 software,please suggest how to add.Also i want to know PLC-5 AI card address in RSlogix-5 SOFTWARE which is already added in backup.

please do needful.

Thanks & Regards,
Rutesh Deshmukh.

Some more information would be helpful.

Do you have the backup code for the PLC?
Are you dealing with an online or offline PLC5 system?
Are you using a 1771 PLC5 Rack or Flex I/O?
How experienced are you with PLC5?

Adding of digital I/O modules in PLC5 is more documentation rather than configuration. This is added in the PLC under <controller> and <IO Configuration> where you can build up a picture of the I/O structure by adding racks and modules.

Analog Input Modules also require Block Transfer instructions (read - BTR and write - BTW) to the module. These instruction in the PLC code will show the AI module location address and data tables.

Plc-5

Some more information would be helpful.

Do you have the backup code for the PLC?
Are you dealing with an online or offline PLC5 system?
Are you using a 1771 PLC5 Rack or Flex I/O?
How experienced are you with PLC5?

Adding of digital I/O modules in PLC5 is more documentation rather than configuration. This is added in the PLC under <controller> and <IO Configuration> where you can build up a picture of the I/O structure by adding racks and modules.

Analog Input Modules also require Block Transfer instructions (read - BTR and write - BTW) to the module. These instruction in the PLC code will show the AI module location address and data tables.

thanks for your valuable reply...information is given below

1) i gave plc program backup with me.
2) right now i am doing offline work.
3) i am using 1771 plc-5 rack

my PLC is in 4-chassis slot & my IO's are in 10/12-chassis slot ,both are communicated over DH+ protocol.

there are BTR & BTW instructions in backup but anable to find AI address.
so find attached PLC backup herewith.

waiting for reply....!!

thanks & regards
-Rutesh Deshmukh

Last edited:
Can you tell us which slots the analog cards are in?

Are they in the processor's chassis or the remote chassis?

Also the catalog number of the module e.g. 1771-IFE?

Can you tell us which slots the analog cards are in?

Are they in the processor's chassis or the remote chassis?

Also the catalog number of the module e.g. 1771-IFE?

there are two remote chassis.
one remote chassis contain digital signals DI & DO
& chassis contain analog card.

as system is not with me ,so i am not sure that card catalog number but might be it is 1771-IFE...

-Rutesh Deshmukh

We really need to know the card placement. A picture would help of all chassis.

I don't want to guess based on the block transfer instructions along.

The "BTR" instructions will have the "data files" with the analog info. You could monitor those data files as you change the value of your analog inputs. The "BTR" "BTW" instructions will also show you the Rack/Group(slot#).

Last edited: