InTouch Application Script Query

jaichains

Hi

I am running an Intouch Application script to display a pop-up window when a bit (x14)is true. This script runs every second.

When the bit (x14) is true, the pop up window appears (which it should). I have a close pop-up button in the pop up which closes the pop up window.

The problem is as soon as I press the close pop-up button, the pop-up window closes but the script runs again and displays the pop up again.

I am looking for something which dispalys the pop up once only when the bit (x14) is true and not while true. Please help. Thx.

Use a condition script, (type = on true) to call your pop-up window

what is stopping you having a separate condition script just to call the pop-up?

One shot the window showing:

if (bitx14 == 1) and (window_has_been_shown == 0) then
showwindow bit14window
window_has_been_shown = 1
endif

if bitx14 == 0 then
window_has_been_shown = 0
endif

I would use a condition script to show the window (ON TRUE) as well. But I like the way theDave2 does it. If you don't want to use a condition script you could put Daves script in the Application Script or even the Quick Function you are already using.

That's the thing about programming there are so many ways to do things that half the time you stumble on the good ones by accident and form your own standards.

You can use a condition script (ON TRUE) to call the Quickscript you have already created.