call specific pdf file in factorytalk

macgioo2

Hey guys,

I'm trying to call a specific pdf file from a button in factory talk but all I can manage is to call the program (Adobe)

i.e.

AppStart c:\prog_name

how can I access a specific file related to this program?

Have you tried:
AppStart <progname> <arg1>
where arg1 is the PDF file name

OR try making a windows shortcut to the PDF file and as long as the .pdf extension is associated with the adobe program name this may work

AppStart <shortcut>

hey,

Yes this works thank you, I was able to find another way using VB:

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

Private Sub Button1_Released()
strDir = "c:\"
strFile = "test.pdf"
ShellExecute 0, "OPEN", strDir & strFile, "", strDir, 1
End Sub

The only trouble is that neither of these bring the pdf up in front of the running application. This is very important for me as its touch screen and will have no keyboard to toggle between screens

Edit regestry.
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
Find the item ForegroundLockTimeout and set value to 0.