You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old April 28th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #1
drwhite
United States

EZ Touch Screen Delta RMC 75

Ok. I have an EZ Touch screen, little 4" Mono. I have a Delta RMC Controller with two axis. I program position point from the EZ touch to the RMC variable table. On the EZ touch I have a numeric display, 4 digits, with a tag relative to the address in the RMC. I have two buttons that can increment or decrement this value for each axis. Now the stupid problem. In the RMC the values are non-retentive reals so the touch screen can change them. What I want, is to put an indicator light on the screen next to that numeric display box AND have it light when a value in the RMC is reached.
i.e., if the RMC is assigned say 3.187, so when it reaches that I want to have the indicator light come one. It's like, I can send data to the RMC from the EZ, but I don't know how to send
data from the RMC to the EZtouch. To me, it's like I need an equation. When A=B then C, where A is the axis value in the RMC and B is the Numeric box value in the EZ, and C is the achieved (or not) value to tell the EZ to light the button. I've tried to say this as many ways as I can. Help, somebody!!
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #2
CharlesM
United States

Did you download the example fromt the Delta web site? I'm 90% sure they have an example that will help you out. You can get the address you want to read out of RMC Tools but it may be easier to read the indirect data map. The indirect data map will allow you to map any of the addresses in the RMC to a block of memeory. I don't know if the in Position bit would be good enough for what you want. If not you should be able to read the actual position of the axis and compair in the touch screen for changing the display.

If you still have problems talk to Jacob at Delta. I think he made all the examples and should be able to help you out.
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Peter Nachtwey
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwhite View Post
In the RMC the values are non-retentive reals so the touch screen can change them.
The values are 32 bit. You have a choice of DWORD, DINT or REAL and if you have a RMC75E the values can be retentive

Quote:
What I want, is to put an indicator light on the screen next to that numeric display box AND have it light when a value in the RMC is reached. i.e., if the RMC is assigned say 3.187, so when it reaches that I want to have the indicator light come one.
The in position bit in the status register would probably be what you want.

Quote:
It's like, I can send data to the RMC from the EZ, but I don't know how to send
data from the RMC to the EZtouch.
That is because the RMC is a slave and it doesn't speak unless spoken to. The EZTouch must read the data from the RMC.
download
http://www.deltamotion.com/files/eztouchdemo.zip
Old April 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #4
drwhite
United States

Thumbs up Thanks,

I really like these forums. I'm like a lot of 60+ manufacturing engrs, I went to the school and I help start up the machine, but I don't program EVERY day. Therefore, working on a machine once every two or three months, well, your mind goes dry on the skill. I shall always believe what one person told me "years" ago. "Only learn ONE software, or at least ONE software really well. If you try for two, you'll be bad at both."
Thank you for your help.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum