Cimplicity 8.2 Run issue

paragmangale

Hi,

I am trying to run Cimplicity on a desktop which has computer name of 13 charracters.
It didn't give any error while installing the software but when i am trying to Run the basic project it is getting stuck after running MCP and Router processes.
but again it is not giving any error, just doesn't go ahead.

When discussed with some Cimplicity people came to know that machine name on which Cimplicity is installed should be of maximum 10 charracters.

Is it the issue really?
Is there any resoulution for it apart from changing the computer name?

i would really appreciate a quick reply.

thanks a lot!!
Cheers and Happy new Year.

Hi,

I am trying to run Cimplicity on a desktop which has computer name of 13 charracters.
It didn't give any error while installing the software but when i am trying to Run the basic project it is getting stuck after running MCP and Router processes.
but again it is not giving any error, just doesn't go ahead.

When discussed with some Cimplicity people came to know that machine name on which Cimplicity is installed should be of maximum 10 charracters.

Is it the issue really?
Is there any resoulution for it apart from changing the computer name?

i would really appreciate a quick reply.

thanks a lot!!
Cheers and Happy new Year.
You already know the answer, however IIRC it may also be dependent on which version of Cimplicity you have.
Look here to search for your answer:
http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=prodhome&cat=HMISCADACIMPLICITY