RSView 32 Project auto startup

mikedba

I am trying to restore a RSView32 6.1 project. I get the Runtime to come up with run project and it runs ok, but would like for operators to not have to hit run project. Any ideas on how to set the project to autostart?

Long time since I used RSView32, but... it seems to me, you can just put the runtime exe in the startup folder, and put your project as a parameter. It's in the documentation for RSView32... Search for either 'Autostart' or 'Startup'

Like This:

Create a shortcut with this:

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe" "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\YourProject\MyProject.rsv" /r

Where the first set of quotation marks is the path to either RSView32 Runtime or Works. Then a space and the next set of quotation marks contains the path to your project .rsv-and then follow it with the /r which will maximize and run the project automatically.

Either put the shortcut on the desktop or put it in the startup folder or both.

Like FLopro said.

Then right click the short cut -> properties -> Run Maximized. This will make sure it runs full screen and not in the tiny default RSView window. Now copy the shortcut to the startup folder, the desktop, and drag and drop it onto the start button - the startup folder will cause it to run automatically when the operator logs in, the desktop is the easiest place to find it, and dragging it onto the start button will make sure it is always at the top of the start menu.

Flopro said:
Create a shortcut with this:

"C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\rsvrt32.exe" "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\YourProject\MyProject.rsv" /r

Where the first set of quotation marks is the path to either RSView32 Runtime or Works. Then a space and the next set of quotation marks contains the path to your project .rsv-and then follow it with the /r which will maximize and run the project automatically.

Either put the shortcut on the desktop or put it in the startup folder or both.
That worked great, thank you for your help.