Question about ABB ACS550

Hi all

I am very new to this forum, i am facing a problem in speed controlling of the motor. I am using 10k pot for speed controlling, the speed up to 20hz is responding normal but as i go up.. it responding too fast and reaching 50hz(India) with a very small movement in pot(10k). i have changed pot twice.

please suggest the solution. VFD is newly installed in place of ACS800.

Thanks

Ricky
Welcome to the forum. Just so you know for future reference, this should have been a new thread instead of resurrecting a 10 year old thread from the graveyard. We call these "zombie threads" and a lot of people will ignore them.

The other terminology for a "logarithmic" pot is a "tapered" pot. So to be clear, you do NOT want a tapered pot for a VFD, you want a linear pot.