Inclinometer Voltage to Degree Angle

jareds2020

Hi All,

I am currently working with an Inclinometer that ranges for 0-360 angle degrees single axis (0.1-4.9 Volts).

Is there a conversion equation to go from the voltage output by the sensor to a angle degrees?

I am trying to display the angle for reference but am currently stuck on a voltage display.

Thank you in advance.

A standard formula to scale a value is:

Code:
Scaling uses this formula:
Ov = [(Osh – Osl) * (Iv - Isl) / (Ish  – Isl)] + Osl

Ov = scaled output value
Iv = analog #Input  value
Osh = high limit OF the scale FOR the scaled #Output value
Osl = low limit OF the scale FOR the scaled #Output value
Ish = high  limit OF the scale FOR the analog #Input value
Isl = low limit OF the  scale FOR the analog #Input value

But it depends on whether you are using Real/Floating Point values or Integers. You may have a scaling function built in to your PLC.