RsLogix 5000 v19 Alias Tags

wperriman

I have a project I am re-doing and would like to clean up the I/O tree by removing some un-used modules.
I know in order to delete them I need to remove all tags and alias tags referencing the modules.
My problem is that I can't delete the tags aliased to the module tags. They are 'greyed out' and not available to edit.
None of these tags are used in the logic anywhere and I don't see what condition is preventing me from deleting the tags.
When I cross-reference the module by tags it looks like there are multiple tags with the same name, just different alias. Not sure how this condition exists. I have attached a screen shot.
The condition of uploading the file causing problems with nested alias' has been discussed and is a real possibility in this case, if so, what would my next steps be?
Thanks for any advice.

Capture.jpg

All of the other tags in the file are acting like I would expect.....

Module tags cannot be edited, alias tags can, etc....but these tags are different.

Capture2.jpg

Those are still all module defined tags. Delete the modules and those tags will go away. You are seeing some tags that look like alias tags but those are the result of rack optimized connections.

Delete the module in slot #1 of that point I/O and you should see all of those tags go away.

OG

Thank you, I thought I needed to remove the tags before the module could be deleted.
Are rack optimized connections set up automatically with that type of module? I haven't run into that problem before.

Yeah anytime you add a remote digital module it defaults to a Rack Optimized connection, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But, the additional tag/alias can be confusing.

I believe if you delete the module while online without deleting an alias, it will warn you. Offline, it will go ahead and do it, and the orphaned alias tags all show errors.

OG