Chinese MCGS HMI on old used equipment

sharman

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone out there may have had experience with an MCGS branded HMI. This company is based out of China and makes a fairly simple and somewhat cost-effective display, but all available software is 100% Chinese language, and cannot be installed on a North American version of Windows in spite of our best efforts.

I need to peek at the configuration of this HMI because our team has purchased some used equipment, and an anomalous password protection screen is blocking access to the vast majority of the application. Previous owners of the machine have claimed that they have never seen the screen, and based on a few tests, the password appears to exist only on the HMI app.

The HMI vendor has recommended we install a 'Chinese version of Windows', which is somehow different than the North American version with a Chinese language pack, based on our tests.

If anyone out there knows how to modify the HMI application, perhaps with another vendors software (?) it would be incredibly helpful!

Thanks in advance to anyone able to help!

Thanks for the response! I actually attempted downloading the archive from the link in that post and got slammed by a ton of malware. Grateful I had the presence of mind to make a restore point!

Thanks so much! I managed to download it without any issues.

Unfortunately I discovered that the project files (.MCE files) weren't loaded on the HMI, which makes sense.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your help. Hopefully that download could be useful to someone else that's trying to avoid the onslaught of malware on the original page!

if you got slammed with malware and it got on your pc, a restore point will not help in the long run.
I would go to www.malwarebytes.com and download the free version long enough to clean up your system.
when I get alerts from our servers that a pc has a virus, I go get it right then and either clean the virus or destroy the hard drive and install a new one.

james

Thanks for the advice! Windows defender and HP Client Security seemed to think they caught everything, but I ran Malware Bytes as well to be sure.

Would it not be benifical changing the HMI out for something that is more supportable, plenty of "Generic" HMI's out there that will talk to multiple manufactures,

some makers are Exor (my fav), Beijer, Eaton etc

I totally agree, but I unfortunately don't have access to the original PLC code and need to reverse engineer the upload from the old S7-300 in order to make a half decent hmi.

Right now, spending some time digging into the plc code and referencing against the semi accurate electrical schematics is probably my best bet at getting the machine operational.

Really appreciate all the feedback guys. Thanks very much!

Hello,

I have MCGS installer but I could not install it on my computer(s)...
I have windows 7...
if I install chinese language then it can be intalled but it not start up...

So is there anything that I overlooked??

Thank a lot

@Jirrr did you try downloading form the link which SigmaDelta posted above?

That worked for me, but I wasn't able to do anything with it since I didn't have the HMI project files.

Here you go... https://ufile.io/x08nxwe9 __________________ Automation Programmer PL

Anyone can please provide me updated link for it as earlier link is not warking currently.

ISSUE I AM FACING:

I have an HMI of chinenes brand MCGS. I download the software from their website but whenever I try to install it on my Windows 10, it gives some error which is not readable either. I also installed Chinese language pack but still same issue.
Anyone having some solution to program MCGS hmi?
Thanks