Studio 5000 View Designer

Grant_PLCs

Hello All,

I'm attempting to create a color table for a grouping of shapes (Rectangles and Lines). Is this possible? From the looks of it, I have to create a color table for each individual piece and then group together.

Thanks! 🍺

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the color I am changing is the border color, which doesn't have an option to bind.

However, I am still unsure how to bind the color parameter to another physical element, such as a line or rectangle. Doesn't it have to be binded to a PLC tag?

Thanks!

As far as I remember, Border parameters can't have binding. I don't have software here to check the latest version.

Other elements can be bound without using any PLC tags, but you have to type the expression (without brackets): <Element_Name>.<Property>

Something like MyRectangle.FillColor.

If this is not clear, then I can post screenshot in the morning.

That makes perfect sense. I will have to give that a try!

As for the border, I will continue to duplicate my color tables for each shape.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks! Would you happen to know how to create a popup button within an AOG?

I'm trying to pass the contents of the AOG to the popup, but I don't know what/how to link the two on the popup screen.

I am not sure if I follow what you are trying to do.
Any button within AOG can have visibility controlled by an expression or parameter.
Button can create an event that can be linked to one of AOG parameters.

Take a look at recently released Stratix faceplates for View Designer.

All port indicators on the home screen are AOGs and they have buttons linked to the main faceplate that is Pop-up display by itself.

Also on DLR faceplate, all graphical nodes are AOGs and these have buttons also.

I think you're on the right page with - Button can create an event that can be linked to one of AOG parameters.

I'd like to build a navigation button to a pop up screen within the AOG. My issue is when creating the pop up screen, I'm using a parameter, and I can't compile the program without having a tag inserted for the parameter. The name of parameter is going to change for every instance of the AOG, so I'd like to somehow pass the parameter from the AOG to the popup.

Hopefully this makes more sense.

The only View Designer Faceplates I can find from the PCDC are for I/O devices. I can't find any about the stratix switches. Sorry, not too familiar with downloading sample code from Rockwell.

Thanks again for all of your help!!

For new Stratix and DLR faceplate, search for "Application Content" in PCDC, then select "Network Device library"

Faceplate.PNG