How to trigger an output twice?

fishin_fl

I am trying to trigger an output twice after a duration of time. The operator has to trigger a laser from the HMI. This fires the coil. Which works. I need to wait 1 second then fire again without the operator having to touch the HMI.

The reason for the second fire is to shift the array inside the laser to push the next measurement to the input of the PLC.

right now the operator has to tap the pushbutton on HMI then wait and push again.

How would I do this? I know you can not put 2 rungs with the coil because it will cancel each other out.

These are my two lines on Compact Logix.

XIO Line_Start_Latch XIC Screen_Trigger_1 OTE Trigger_1 MOV PadDia_inches_1 Hd2_PadDia_Begnining MOV Hd2_PadDia_Begnining PadDia_screen

BST XIC Trigger_1 NXB XIC Trigger_2 BND OTE Laser_Trigger_1

You could try starting a timer when the button is pushed the first time and then have a timer.DN bit on a branch around the XIC screen trigger bit.

I am trying to trigger an output twice after a duration of time. The operator has to trigger a laser from the HMI. This fires the coil. Which works. I need to wait 1 second then fire again without the operator having to touch the HMI.

The reason for the second fire is to shift the array inside the laser to push the next measurement to the input of the PLC.

right now the operator has to tap the pushbutton on HMI then wait and push again.

How would I do this? I know you can not put 2 rungs with the coil because it will cancel each other out.

These are my two lines on Compact Logix.

XIO Line_Start_Latch XIC Screen_Trigger_1 OTE Trigger_1 MOV PadDia_inches_1 Hd2_PadDia_Begnining MOV Hd2_PadDia_Begnining PadDia_screen

BST XIC Trigger_1 NXB XIC Trigger_2 BND OTE Laser_Trigger_1

Agree with @alanze

New timer Laser_Trigger_Timer ... Something like

BST XIC Screen_Trigger_1 NXB XIC Laser_Trigger_Timer.TT BND TON Laser_Trigger_Timer 1000 0

Add a branch on your rung to drive the laser with XIC Laser_Trigger_Timer.DN