New 1747-PIC Service Pack 3 Patch

Dear Dustin, the patch wont install on my OS as my drive name start with D:\ and not C:\. Any suggestions on how to manually add the patch?
As in do i need to delete the existing serenium and add your F?
Please help.

Dear Dustin, the patch wont install on my OS as my drive name start with D:\ and not C:\. Any suggestions on how to manually add the patch?
As in do i need to delete the existing serenium and add your F?
Please help.

Sorry for the delay.

It's been quite a while since I looked at this. If you run the patch, then right click on the user interface and select "Deploy Files", it will extract the files used in the patch. Then click the ? and a text document will open describing where the files go. Look for "UPGRADED SP3" and "NATIVE SP3" for the locations of the files, depending on which service pack 3 you have.

I wasn't smart enough at the time to let the .NET framework tell me where the Windows directory was located, I hard coded the paths. I haven't had access to a XP machine in many years so I was a little reluctant to modify anything without being able to test it.

You may want to boot into safe mode when manually patching your machine. If I remember right, XP will notice that the files were modified and try to replace them with the original, which is why the files have to be replaced in a few different locations.

I'll look into updating it again so that it will handle Windows being on whatever drive letter. I'll just have to find someone willing to try it.

edit: It does use the .net framework to get the path, do you know what version you downloaded? Right lick on the .exe, go to properties, details tab. Or the newer versions will say in the title bar.

Last edited:
Dear Dustin. Thank you ever so much your quick reply on this old but very important post and your continued support.
I gave it a shot today by manually copying the files into the 3 places in safemode - unfortunately I was still unsuccessful when i tried Rs linx. The status of the 1747-PIC/AIC+driver is still showing "STOPPED" and wont let me start.

I believe I have a 'native SP3' installed as I couldnt find the 'servicepack files' folder.

Basically - the reason i used your patch was coz I have an Allen Bradley Panel View 550 and i wanted to establish communication with rs-linx.

I understand that 'panelbuilder32' the software used to interface pv550 is obsolete. But, I did find a 'PanelBuilder1400e' hmi software in one of my old laptops, do you think it would help me in anyway to upload/download on a PV550 or am i just wasting time?

Once again thank you.

Dear Dustin.
ITS A SUCCESS!!.

After I wrote the above message I played around with it for another hour and finally now i can see PV550 displayed on RS-Linx. Thats step 1 complete and thank you so much good sir for that.

Now i gota figure out if i can upload/download using 'panelbuilder1400e'

I was afraid about that, so bottom line - if you dont have a PB32, your pretty much screwed , so best buy a new HMI and design new screens.
Thanks Alan.

Dear Dustin.
ITS A SUCCESS!!.

After I wrote the above message I played around with it for another hour and finally now i can see PV550 displayed on RS-Linx. Thats step 1 complete and thank you so much good sir for that.

Now i gota figure out if i can upload/download using 'panelbuilder1400e'

Glad you got it working! Just out of curiosity, what happened when you tried to run the patch originally? And did you check what version it was?

I understand that 'panelbuilder32' the software used to interface pv550 is obsolete. But, I did find a 'PanelBuilder1400e' hmi software in one of my old laptops, do you think it would help me in anyway to upload/download on a PV550 or am i just wasting time?

No, PanelBuilder 1400e will not work with your PV550.

You will need PanelBuilder32 for it.

Sincere apologies for the late reply as I was posted on a Rig for a bit and i just got back.

version for AB-PIC SP3Fix: 1.0.3
(i cant remember the exact error it said - but it was something to do that c drive could not be found as i was in D drive)

There were 3 mistakes that i did.
Firstly - pasted the files onto the wrong drive.(My bad)
Second - after pasting the files onto the right drive - i named them as serenum.Sys - (didnt work , i thought may be the CAPS 'S' in .Sys)
Third time - tried with a small letter 's' - didnt work
So, i finally jus revoved '.sys' and kept it as serenum. -That worked.

If your machine is not set to show known file extensions, you may have renamed the file to serenum.sys.sys.

I have an updated version from a while back, though I don't think I published it because I couldn't test it myself. It's 1.0.5.