Siemens PLC S7 315-2 DP comm problemas with Open Modbus

pollo_rdz

Hello all,

I have tried to communicate my PLC S7 315-2 DP as Client with Open Modbus to Delta V, I have followed the procedure to register the PLC with the Siemens license according to the manuals successfully, but still not getting communication

Previously I have an HMI connected to a pasive read write TCP connections 01 and 02 and this is working correctly, and I created a third connection for the Modbus device, and the local port 202,

I have a Vat table to monitor the parameters, and I can see that when I enable the ENQ_ENR and the WRITE_READ bits, I start getting error and the status I observe is W#16#8183,

I used a Omni MBT Modbus Tester, but I was not able to receive or send,or even see the PLC,

The Hardware I'm using is: PLC 315-2 DP
343-1 Ethernet card connected with port No1, IP address 10.168.129.115, connected to a Ethernet Switch
HMI Proface 3500 series, Ethernet Connetion, IP address 10.168.129.18
The Modbus Server IP 10.168.129.104 with remorte port 502.

, is there anybody who could give me some advice on how to trace ot troubleshoot the system.

My questions should be, is there a proper order to create the communication connection?, should I need to install another independent 343-1 card in my system in order to have a different segment for Modbus or how should I define the hardware in order to get a Modbus Signal thru the Ethernet,

BR

Jorge

Are you using the correct library?
I remember there being a different set for using a CP module or a native PN port on the CPU.
The example that came with the library works. (At least for me).

Yes, I used the CP as Client, but in the example there is only one active connection and I created three, two passive for the screen, and the other for the Modbus, and I am thinking that if is this affecting the operation,

>the local port 202,
what is this port?

>The Modbus Server IP 10.168.129.104 with remorte port 502.
Modbus TCP usually defaults to port 502.

Which is the Modbus server (slave)? PLC or Delta V?