Experts on Schneider Electric TM2AMM6HT!

dwpang

Hi guys, i am doing a project on analog signals and will like to ask about characteristics of TM2AMM6HT analog modules.

For the project, i going to use a flowmeter capable of giving 4-20 mA active signal to the module, and would like to know if it can work with the module or cause any damage to it.

Attached is a layout of the supposed connection from the flowmeter display to the module itself.

I fear that the 24VDC in the signal will damage the analog module.

If it does not work, anyone knows of any Schneider Electric analog modules capable of running on such active signal?

Can't change the flowmeter active signal to others as I have already bought it.

Thanks.

Active AA Analog Output to PLC.jpg

Actual voltage from the FM will be whatever is required to push through the AI internal shunt resistance. Typically 250Ω, so 5V @ 20mA... No different from a passive device, except the Vs is internal to the instrument.

hi lemming thx. yup indeed the tm2amm6ht input impedance for 4-20 mA is less than 250 ohm, so only can give abt 5 volt at most.
shldnt be a problem then! will test and see!