Data capture from third party device to siemens PLC S7 300

natcheappan

Hi,

My objective is to pull data from a third party controller(profibus compatible) to siemens S7 300 PLC via Profibus.

Can anyone suggest which SFB/SFC i can use to fulfill my need.
All your answers are appreciated.

Thanks
Nachi

No need for SFB/SFC if you use a profibus interface on the CPU. Just add the gsd file, add it to hardware, and you can directly address the I/O.

When using a profibus CP you need to send data from CPU to CP using DP send/receive blocks.

Similar Topics

Hi guys I have a few issues and thoughts on a machine we have and would like to capture so data for 3 mixes/complete cycles . I have a micrologix...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, please lend a hand (and mind) to help me with an issue I'm currently having. Company uses some 20 years old PLC machine that...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have been searching the forums for a way to do this and haven't found a good description for what i am looking for. I would like to know...
Replies
Views
Guys, Did anyone tried capturing the serial data being transmitted "from PC to Siemens S5 CPU" which are connected via serial/tty cable? I...
Replies
Views
I'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction here. I have a test fixture traveling at a speed between 10 and 40 mph that has a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom