Mitsubishi Q-Series

alanyap

Hi all,
This time I'm doing a project using Mitsubishi PLC.
The software i'm using is:
Programming: GX Works2 V1.507D
Touch Panel: GT Designer3 V1.113T
Simulation: GT Simulator3 V1.113T

I've seen some tutorials about this PLC, they can do simulation by linking these two software.

When i try to follow it step by step, my GT Simulator 3 pop up an error msg.
Please refer to the attachments.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7e3w1yy2889pg7/GT-Sim%20Error.jpg?dl=0

Hello,
I believe you have to use GX Simulator2 and by default, the simulator opens up as GX Simulator.

Open the simulator again from GT Designer and after you acknowledge the "GX Simulator is not installed" message you are getting go to the Simulate tab, select option, and in the connection field, select GX Simulator2. I will attach a screenshot.

Hope this helps,
Dave

GX Simulator Setup.jpg

GX Simulator is ok but it's a bit cumbersome, I found it better to use the plc if there is enough memory. Create a program block that copies the inputs into memory bits (M) but for simulation don't call it in the task, create your programs and use the memory bits instead of inputs (I call them by a similar name in the symbols for example X0.0 = V001OPENPX X0.1 = V001CLOSEDPX M400 = V001OPENPX_M M401 = V001CLOSEDPX_M)
Then you can write extra program blocks to simulate the inputs and an extra page on the HMI for controls, examples are a valve, use the Y output to = the M400 and not Y to = M401 you could also use timers to give a realistic valve open/close times. you can do this for any control where inputs are a result of an output and can simulate analogs as well eg. filling a tank. When debugged put a call to the input program and take out the calls to any simulation software.