AB Micro High Speed Counter Trouble

Rocky Cortis

Hi, I need help using an AB Micro 1000 and its high speed counter. I’m trying to use the up count feature to count pulses from a unidirectional conveyor. At specific times I must lower a circular saw to cut a notch at both ends of the board. Problem: I cant quite get the thing to work right. In order to get accuracy I have tried to initialize the counter at the start of the cut. Once this cut high preset is reached I’m assuming that the counter C5:0 calls a subroutine to file 4. I placed a regular counter in the file 4 sub and a C5:0/IH bit to see if the file is continually scanned as the counter reaches its preset. It seems to only scan the file about 3 times. Am I creating an overflow or some other fault that stops the file 4 sub from being scanned? Once there I’m trying to latch some work bits to be used in file 2 of the program and then clear the C5:0 accumulator before the file is no longer scanned. I raise the saw, start the counter again and continue to where I drop the saw again. I have tried to use some compares to tell me when its time to lower the saw or raise it and travel to spot 2 for the second cutting.That’s the theory but I haven’t got it to work yet. Do I have to call the file 4 (high speed counter interrupt subroutine? Does the C5:0 counter automatically cause an interrupt at file 4? Do I have to provide labels or a return to the regular program? What’s the secret about using this counter. Oh yes I did adjust the input filters to 0.07. Thanks [email protected]

The Micro 100 uses explicit ladder instructions to configure its High Speed Counter.

HSC configures the counter inputs.

HSL configures low and high presets and mask bit patterns.

RES writes a zero to the hardware and image accumulator.

RAC writes a specific value to the hardware and image accumulators.

HSE, HSD enable and disable the File 4 HSC subroutine when high/low preset or under/overflow is reached. The interupt routine is only called ONCE. It won't be scanned again until the next counter event triggers it.

If you require fast scan independent action use the above instructions to setup the counter, then on the counter event that triggers the action you want use a simple rung to latch on the required output in File 4. If necessary the output can be turned off in the main ladder file, or on the next call of the File 4.

Micro Counter Trouble

I'm able to get the interrupt to happen once, i.e. the first time the counter reaches its high preset. I'm clearing the counter, loading a new high preset, but once this preset is hit, the counter just rolls over without causing another interrupt. I've tried using HSE instruction but it doesn't seem to work.