FTView SE Alarm Tag Import

arkansascontrols

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm having trouble getting Alarm Tags to import properly into SE. I've read all the threads that pertain, but can't find anyone that's having the same issue I'm having.

First of all, I'm not using the Alarm & Event Server monstrosity, just the good ol' fashioned HMI Tag Alarms.

I have 1200 + sequential tag alarms that I need to create so I create the first one in the series. Save and Export to CSV. Then I open the Tag CSV and the Alarm CSV, locate the entry in each file for the newly created Alarm Tag, and I create my 1200+ sequential tags using the same settings, with correct addresses for each, save both CSV files and then import them.

When I go to the Tag Editor, the tags are there, but they are not flagged as Alarm Tags. (As if the Alarm.CSV isn't importing only the Tag.CSV)

Of course I could turn each one on manually, but I have 4 parameters inside that are not default, so this would be very time consuming. If I re-export the files to see what's different, only the "Alarmed" Field is different with an "F" instead of a "T".

If I change the "F" to a "T", and reimport the Tag and Alarm CSV files, I get the same result again.

Any suggestions?

Found the problem. If you select Tags AND Alarms on the import it imports tags first, then Alarm Definitions and they never get associated. If you import the Alarm.CSV first without tags, then go back and import the tags it brings them in properly.

That's probably been addressed somewhere in the forums, it seems too simple not to have been solved already.