Micro 820

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Board,

I just got a control installed over the past weekend for one of our applications... I have never used any Micrologix stuff... The programming and commissioning was done my the machine builder... I got Connected Component Workbench installed on one of our programming terminals and am trying to connect and I can't get RS Linx to show it in the network trees...

I setup the IP address protocol on the terminal and I configured the Ethernet IP driver in RS Linx...

The Micro 820 processor is faulted (happened last night sometime and nobody knows when or what happened) so the line is down and I'm trying to get connected so I can investigate (and hopefully clear the fault...)

Any advice would be appreciated...

I called the machine builder, but they won't be available to help right away...

Thanks,

John Whited

I just didn't have my IP address setup right on my programming terminal... I thought I did, but must not have... I went through and checked all the simple things again and then it showed up on the network tree...

Just need the IP address to be right and the Ethernet IP driver running on RS Linx...

Thanks,

John Whited

Thank you, It is always good to know the outcome.

It will help someone somewhere sometime.

OH, by the way, been there done that. Not the first person to have done that and definitely not going to be the last. 🍻

Thanks
Brian

One thing I have noticed is that when I change my IP configuration and hit "OK" on the IPV4 Properties Dialog box, is that the changes don't seem to take effect until I also click "OK" on the Local Area Connection Properties dialog box...

This might be simply because I didn't wait long enough... I have been known to be a little impatient... but I developed a habit of making sure to hit OK on both windows before I expect the new settings to begin to work.