Peak Modbus TCP slave/server simulator not communicating

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
Installed Peak V3.0 Modbus/TCP slave/server simulator on Windows 10 box.

Configured a couple registers and attempted to read from it with a box that moments before was used as a slave to Modbus Poll master on the Windows 10 box, so the Ethernet network is functional.

values-in-the-slave-registers.jpg

The app window (upper left, above) says no client present, and the communications monitor (below) is blank.

Communication-monitor-is-blank.jpg

The master is polling once a second for the two values and gets no reply.

Windows Defender Firewall shows two instances of the app, one with the private network access disabled, the other with private network access enabled (highlighted in blue).

don-t-know-why-there-are-two-instances-in-the-firewall-access-se.jpg

I attempted to change the unchecked instance one to "enabled", but the settings are greyed out, I can change the settings.

Any suggestions? Can the unchecked instance block the app?

Dan

Seems clear that the firewall blocks the connection.

Settings are probably grayed due administrator rights are required to change them.

Have you tried to use the "Change settings" button ?