GE PLC's compact?

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a customer looking to build a GE trainer and they want Ethernet built in, I built one a little over a year ago using a 90/30 (with help from Steve) and it worked great but ended up be a very costly trainer, does GE have a compact model? Siemens and AB offer compact models they are cheaper and have digital and analog built in, I also looked at VersaMax but could not find any either

Anyone have a PN to one if they are available

Check out the VersaMax Micro line.
IC200UDR120 is 12 DC in, 8 relay out. Analog I/O expansion block (4 In, 2 Out) is IC200UEX636. Ethernet interface is IC200UEM001.
If you can go with serial communications only, IC200UAL006 is 13 DC in, 9 relay out, 1 DC out, 2 analog in, 1 analog out. For Ethernet with that model use IC200SET001 which is a serial/Ethernet converter.

How about used?

Send me a pm if you would like to consider some old 90-30 demo equipment. I still have a good collection that will likely get tossed eventually.

I have used the VersaMax Micro on a few small jobs.
Compact unit and it is nice that it works with Machine edition also.

It can be expanded to cover a fair amount of IO.

It is listed as a "Legacy Control System", hopefully it stays around for a while.
What is supposed to replace it?

So I think I screwed up...

I bought a IC200UDR005 thinking I could give them more (extra) I/O instead of the IC200UDR120 but it now looks like the (after reading :( ) that only the 20, 40 and 64 points are compatible with the plug in modules (ethernet) so do they make a expansion communication (Ethernet) modules? I dont see them listed but thought I would ask, I bought the 20 point also but now I think I may need to get a 40 point so I can use the IC200UEM001

Back on this project... I think I have everything setup and just doing a MOV from the analog input channel 1 to the analog output also channel 1, what would the addressing be for the expansion module I/O IC200UEX636

I think I can address the words directly, 99% sure Steve helped me before but I can find the old program, that was also a 90/30

Chapter 12 in the user manuals covers the IC200UEX636 but I dont see anything about addressing

Thanks Steve!

Mine were referenced as %AI0020 (21) and %AQ0013 (14), looked right over them

Is it normal when downloading for it to pause on %R for a minute or two?