how to wire a relay module 5v from plc to a soil moisture sensor?

hello, i have a problem in wiring my relay module board 5v from plc to my soil moisture sensor, i already have a 5v power supply, i just dont know how to wire it at the relay module, heres the specs for the relay module, and im using a 2 channel relay because im using 2 moisture sensor, please help thanks

relay module specs
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/2-Channel_Relay_module

here is the specs for the soil moisture sensor
https://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=599

Last edited:
What PLC?
What output module?
Relay or Triac output module?
Part numbers first before we can give any help

Ok, just had a look at the link. I ASSUMED (bad) it was a PLC, but I see it is a Ardinio. Sorry, can't help you there

Last edited:
Most PLC is 24 Volt, so if there are relais contacts use these to switch 5 Volts.
Better is to use an arduino though.
The moisture sensor will also need a special analog input on the PLC, however the arduino can be connected directly.

What is your set up

Those sensor will almost certainly have to go to an arduino and have the arduino act as a tranmstter to send a plc friendly signal is 4-20mA or 1-5 v

Or is this project purely arduino

If it is purely arduino all the info, wiring diagrams and code samples, or in the link you provide

If you are trying to wire those units to a plc is there a reason why
They were never really meant for that purpose

Last edited:
I hope this is for training purposes.
IMHO...
Any business who allows Arduino be used in an industrial environment for production equipment will likely regret the decision but will deserve what they get.

Last edited: