Program required

Rehu09

Hi all,
I got a new project. I couldn’t actually understand the terminology. Can some body help me in creating the program.
Your help is really appreciated.
Thank you so much

1F0C7394-8D9F-448B-9A3A-5047B6B59246.jpg

Looks like a homework to me.

Which terminology you have problems with?
Photo-eye is just a sensor.
Upstream means sensor before your filler
Downstream means sensor after your filler
To prime the filler means to fill it with product.

Looks like a homework to me.

Which terminology you have problems with?
Photo-eye is just a sensor.
Upstream means sensor before your filler
Downstream means sensor after your filler
To prime the filler means to fill it with product.
Thank you chopin. This really makes me atleast to understand the process a bit

try this.

look at your I/o and see what you have.
if it's not used, label the I/o point as a spare (it helps)

break down your requirements into smaller parts, one sentence at a time.
understand it and writ it down in your own words.
do this for all the requirements.
then go back and add the I/o descriptions.
next add the I/o points.

program this in the way you wrote it.

show us what you have done and we will offer suggestions.

james

The 1st and 2nd sentences in the requirements is the beginning of the program. This is known as a flip-flop circuit or control. It is much simpler to program two buttons, one for starting and the other for stopping. Many HMI's (Human Machine Interface) have the option to be momentary or Toggle On-Toggle Off.
Another thing is I think the Entrance conveyor and Exit conveyor control should have been included within the scope of this project.
To help you understand what is actually going on, (generally speaking) treat each sentence as a rung or section of the program.
There is nothing wrong to state that this is a homework problem . Most of the forum members will recognize it as such anyway.
It is better to show whatever efforts (even they are incorrect) to demonstrate what level of understanding that you have.
Another thing, it is good to state what plc brand and model you will be using as there are many.

Again, please show us what you have attempted so far.

Edit:
It appears James was posting at the same time. I agree with him 100%.

Last edited: