Intouch DASSIDirect S7-300 Quirk

astrobody

I have DASSIDirect running on a PC that has InTouch 9.5 loaded on it. We have converted an old InTouch app and corrected the tag references.

I have a VAT table running on the Step-7 software forcing values into the PLCs I am testing with. These values are updating correctly on the InTouch computer (when using wwclient to check).

When we run InTouch, however, the values we get back are wrong. After some digging, we found that it was trying to read a string from the PLC as a number instead of converting the HEX that is stored in the PLC into the proper floating point format.

Does anybody know any way to get InTouch to display the data correctly using DASSIDirect?

Our old version of InTouch, using OPCLINK and Simatic Net connects and displays this data correctly.

Is this a limitation of the Wonderware DASSIDirect program?

Thanks!