FT View Studio ME - pass a string not a tag through a parameter file?

Dravik

Hello:

I am currently converting an old panelmate application over to a PV+
I have a large number of popup controls that all look/act the same so I used 1 graphic and tried to pass everything in via parameter file. Tags for control come across w/out a hitch but I can't figure out a way to pass the text labels in w/out making a seperate tag for each. Any ideas? I'd love to be able to just type the text into the parameter file as well.

I had the same problem. I used separate tags for each strings but had them local in the HMI software instead of in the PLC (I cannot remember the reason), so the parameter would reference the HMI tag

If I didn't have 150 of these to do I would have done them individually. I guess creating a string tag for each is one option.

Ohh..
Ok if anyone else has to do that I figured out a way.

In your parameter file you can go ahead and type
#1=TextGoesHere

In your indicator or label then use a literal string instead of a tag, but still use #1 as your 'string' and it will pull from the parameter file.