Communication Rslogix5000 Emulator + Simatic WinCC

SKAN_INNOVA

good afternoon
anyone knows any document or url to explain how to communicate Rslogix5000 Emulator with Simatic Wincc.

The communication between Rslogix5000 and Rslogix5000 Emulator it's ok. I Go online with the Emulator. Selecting the emulator as communication path and changing the configured CPU.

The problem is when i want to communicate with Wincc. In the Channel diagnosis of Simatic i can see that the communication fail(red cross in the wincc connection).

In Wincc the drier is OK, IP is oK and communication path= 1,0. In Rslogix i don't understand how configure the IP of the emulator. The Real PLC is not connected and i can't find this parameter in the properties of the emulator.

thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english expression.

I believe you can set the com port on the emulator, then on wincc set your com port to the same com port, or if you are on diferent ports you can patch them with a virtual port software. Hope it helps I'm not an expert on the matter but that's how I got my HMI software to run.

does Wincc got driver for AB? if so you can via virtual com port. What about opc in wincc? Does it have? I haven't eexplored wincc yet but if it does have opc, then itll be much easier.. Use your rslinx to create opc/dde topic.

Hi. Wincc Have the driver for AB, in direct connection to the PLC this driver work fine, and the communication betwee Rslogix and Wincc it's ok.

It's possible use WIncc with a OPC, but i never use it. Usually i work with S7, and simulating offline with PlCSIM.