ControlLogix messaging

grs

I am setting up a few message instructions in a controllogix that will read data from a PLC 5. My question is simple but I can't seem to find anything on it: Using a PLC 5 typed read message can I put N9:44 in the source element field and a tag that is a REAL in the destination element? IE, will the controllogix convert the integer to a real prior to storing it in the tag, just like it does with the file and math instructions?

I realize I can create a buffer array in the controllogix of type INT and copy from there, I'm just trying to avoid excessive rungs.

GRS

MSG instructions don't convert values to the destination datatype. If the source data is an INT, the target should be an INT too.

Similar Topics

I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ControlLogix redundant controller being set up. The program reads a value from a remote site which hosts a SLC PLC. Rockwell...
Replies
Views
I have followed several videos and tutorials that suggest when using the MSG function to enter 2,xxx.xxx.xxx in the Path box in order to connect...
Replies
Views
A new Forum member resurrected an old post with a variation that I think should be done in a new thread to get the best attention and advice...
Replies
Views
I am having trouble messaging from a Control Logix L61 (Version V18) CPU over Ethernet to a PLC5/40E "Series F" (RJ45 on-board) Processor - which...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom