Factorytalk 6.0 64 bit to 32 bit?

jasil

Hired on at a new company (cheap) they have a 50/50 mix of 32 bit and 64 bit .mer and apa files. With all kinds of versions 4.0-6.0.

Without delving into that is there a way to convert the 64bit to 32 bit?

I can open and edit all of hte 32 bit files, but none of the 64 bit files that the intgrator said "were all done in 6.0".

I've searced for a few links, but everything seems to be the other way around.

Thanks as usual!!

If it were me, I'd upgrade them all to 64 bit. You can still create older revisions to run on older hardware, but at least you're moving forward with technology and not backward :)

If you absolutely must do this, you could try to create a 32 bit application, and then manually (and explicitly) export everything from the 64 bit app and then import it to the 32 bit app.
No guarantees that this will work though.
But you must do the export / import. The only way to even possibly deal with reconciling the different database formats is to eliminate them and only go through a text based representation like XML.

I keep a 32bit version of Windows 7 installed in a VMware virtual machine just for this reason and do all my FTview programming there. Works well.