erasing memory slc 5/01

bakerboy_99ca

hi guys,

i need to erase the memory from a slc 5/01, without removing the battery and waiting a couple of days.

It has a medar password protected program on it and will not allow me to overwite it.

I have done this before but when i searched for my original question posted here last year all the answers were deleted.

I remember something about entering memclr but in numeric form (like on a telephone) when promted for the password.

Anybody have any insight?...
Project needs to be done today so i will check back often.
thanks,
Mark

just found original answer and i thought i would share the answer i was looking for with all of you

The following procedure can be used to restore defaults to a Micrologix or SLC-500 processor
when the software requests a password. RSLOGIX 500 v3.01.09.02 or greater must be
used. APS and AI 500 software do not support this procedure.

NOTE: By following this procedure the program in the
Processor will be erased.

1) When prompted for the password enter MLCLRMEM , using the keypad of a
telephone you must translate this into its numeric equivalent of " 65257636 "

2) You will be prompted to confirm the clearing of the processor ladder logic program.

3) Once this is confirmed the processor will return to a default
( Out of the Box ) state with it's default program.

The software will then return offline to it's default screen.