Micro 830 and C600 PV Connection Problems

PurdueKid

I have a AB Panelview C600 and I am trying to connect it to a Micro 830 PLC. Im using the CCW to program everything and trying to follow the tutorials step by step. On the PLC I have the 2080-SERIALSOL module and it is wired to the C600 via RS485. I followed the tutorial to create the tags and all and then when I run the program and the HMI I am getting a data access error when I press the PV Push Button. If anyone could help explain to me how all this PV and CCW works a little I would greatly appreciate it! Also does anyone know if a 2080-OW4I is supported? I cant add this on the chassis in CCW

Thanks!

Dylan

The Connected Components Workbench has had three releases; 1.0, 1.01, and 2.0. Which one are you running ?

In general, the PanelView Component and the Micro 830 communicate using Modbus RTU serial protocol. The PanelView is the Modbus Master, and initiates all the communications. The Micro 830 is the Modbus Slave, and has Modbus registers mapped to internal controller Tags.

If course, you've probably read all of that in the tutorial !

Whenever you use RS-485, even with devices from the same vendor, there's usually a 50/50 chance you get the data A/B wires backwards. Try swapping them.

You described a data access error when you press a pushbutton on the PanelView C600.

What Modbus address is it addressed to ? Are you sure that Modbus address is mapped to an internal tag ? Are you able to read data from the Micro 830 and display it on the PanelView C600 ?

Expansion module support has been slow coming in the Micro 830 range and the CCW software. You need to import and use a "User Defined Function Block" (UDFB) to set up and configure a 2080-OW4I module.

The UDFB's are being distributed by RA through the Sample Code server, and RA Knowledgebase Article ID 270687 (Access Level: Everyone) has a good description and direct link.

Last edited:
Thanks so much, I think I might have figured it out. I thought I changed the PlC to slave but I checked again and it was set as Master. As for the new module ill have to check that out and try it and see if it works.

Thanks!

Dylan

Ken or people with Rockwell forum access,

Is it possible to download that and then email or post the download? For some reason I cant get on the RockWell post and then once I fill out the forms to do so im stuck here waiting on a reply from them.

Thanks!
Dylan

Ken or people with Rockwell forum access,

Is it possible to download that and then email or post the download? For some reason I cant get on the RockWell post and then once I fill out the forms to do so im stuck here waiting on a reply from them.

Thanks!
Dylan

Here, but you will have to get connected to download the code Ken is referring to from that KB.

Last edited:
Okay Im stumped.... When I import the code like it says, it comes in as a structured text and not a function block program.. I have never used that type of programming before and need to figure this out ASAP. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Surely im not the only one with this problem!