I was sent some files from a friend asking me to open them
and print out the program

The files have extensions on them of
.SwxCF
.INI

How do I open these files they seem to not be the correct
type.
Thanks

You will need Proficy Machine Edition Software for that backup file.
As GEIP does not have a downloadable Demo version for the public you can contact your local dealer for a demo DVD or FTP link and a 30 day trial license.

Curious?
...and you did not know this? (n)

Yes I knew this, but it is always a hassle and sometimes you don't get a call back for a few days, so I needed to know what program was required to open that file asap. 🙃
I had also loaded Logicmaster 9.0 as it is suppose to be a 90/30 PLC program, but neither it nor VarsaPro would open the file.

Last edited:
Yes I knew this, but it is always a hassle and sometimes you don't get a call back for a few days, so I needed to know what program was required to open that file asap. 🙃
I had also loaded Logicmaster 9.0 as it is suppose to be a 90/30 PLC program, but neither it nor VarsaPro would open the file.
Even more curious?

1. What sort of "developer agreement with GE" do you have?
Every agree that I know of with GEIP will get you connected right away or call back same day. :eek:

2. How old is this agreement? LM90 and VersaPro have been obsolete for at least 15 years. Proficy (Cimplicity) ME came out in the late 1990's and has used the same form of backup style ".ZIP" files from the start. You do use Backup and Restore? Yes? ;) 👨🏻‍🏫

Even more curious?

1. What sort of "developer agreement with GE" do you have?
Every agree that I know of with GEIP will get you connected right away or call back same day. :eek:

2. How old is this agreement? LM90 and VersaPro have been obsolete for at least 15 years. Proficy (Cimplicity) ME came out in the late 1990's and has used the same form of backup style ".ZIP" files from the start. You do use Backup and Restore? Yes? ;) 👨🏻‍🏫

Corporate agreement
It always takes time when needing support for outdated software
Yes there are customers out there still using old stuff, I even fixed an Old Genius IO system last month.
So if you think that everyone is using the new stuff, you need to get in the trenches more often.

So here is an example where I need support but of course it is 7:30 at night. The import looks for a zip file, what i have is .SwxCF , .INI and .bak. So how do you restore those files

Corporate agreement
It always takes time when needing support for outdated software
Yes there are customers out there still using old stuff, I even fixed an Old Genius IO system last month.
So if you think that everyone is using the new stuff, you need to get in the trenches more often.
I know.
I keep an old laptop with Windows 98 that has Series 1, Series 5 and can run Series 6 along with LM90. I could put VersaPro on it but have not had the need yet.
But I also keep up with the new stuff, but then I work for a distributor so that is part of my job.
I also maintain a DVD for my customers who do service work that includes all of those legacy Apps and two or three versions of Proficy along with links to important stuff on the GEIP web site and Forum.

Last edited:
So here is an example where I need support but of course it is 7:30 at night. The import looks for a zip file, what i have is .SwxCF , .INI and .bak. So how do you restore those files
Does your supplier have a tech support group that you can cozy up to and get cell phone numbers?
I get these kind of calls fairly regularly and have no problem helping a customer whenever needed.

I just re-ziped them and it restored just fine
Opened the project and did all the reports they wanted
Run away from GE as fast as you can LOL