CCW Inner Error; Corrupted Files?

For the record, Win 7 Prof, removed KB4480970 all working again. Thank goodness for this forum.

Lost half a day chasing my tail and wondering why all backups and previous versions of the project I'm working on were corrupt. Worried about how I was going to break this to the client who wants his machine working...NOT HAPPY !!!

I'm not a big Rockwell user and will be even more wary in the future.

Do you know what the worst thing a CCW user can see when they turn on the PC in the morning?..... here we go again

DSCN1735.JPG

Do you know what the worst thing a CCW user can see when they turn on the PC in the morning?..... here we go again

Disable automatic windows updates. Automatic windows updates without testing are nothing but trouble. It's like opening mystery packages when you know there is a high probability one of them is a bomb. Just don't do it.

Disable automatic windows updates. Automatic windows updates without testing are nothing but trouble. It's like opening mystery packages when you know there is a high probability one of them is a bomb. Just don't do it.

How is this accomplished?

I think so far we have determined that we cant completely stop all updates, yet merely "hide" the updates we have managed to capture before the auto install takes place.

If your computer is on the internet and you don't check it for a day and a new update comes in that didn't make it to the hide list yet, then it installs.

Back to square one.

Speaking for windows 10 PRO and Enterprise.

Thanks

Well, they are losing me as I had 3 systems configured to use Micro850 CPU's and i'm now looking at Mitsubishi alternatives as I don't have the time, nor the will, to battle with fudging software to get it working.

If I were at 3 I would say the same.

Not the case here. I have at least 15 between 2 facilities running 24HRS a day and a new machine with an 850 I built that Im supposed to install this week.

Still, I don't know what to do except hope that the morning of install I can set my laptop back to an earlier snapshot when it did work. That will buy me 24 hours...... If it works.

I'm sick of this ****... I know its not their fault and be glad for what they CAN do (if they ever work) and all that. yadayda.... Point is, I have brand new Micros on my desk, I have Micros installed needing attention and have I recently lost a decent size side project simply because I cant use the software.(hardware already purchased!)

Early February my arse! Its now MID February. They need to fix this. Call this a rant or a bash, whatever you need to call it. I call it frustrating!
I call it at this point seriously loosing $$ sitting waiting on Rockwell software. Software that I did pay for, not even free loading on the Standard Version.

I cant wait till this thread ends with somebody pointing out the fact that the security update to end this is out. It'll probably be the only update that won't auto install to.

How is this accomplished?

I think so far we have determined that we cant completely stop all updates, yet merely "hide" the updates we have managed to capture before the auto install takes place.

If your computer is on the internet and you don't check it for a day and a new update comes in that didn't make it to the hide list yet, then it installs.

Back to square one.

Speaking for windows 10 PRO and Enterprise.

Thanks

There are several ways to skin that cat but Windows 10 does not make it easy but there are many tools out there to do this and it can be done in the registry also but it's several places where changes need to be made so if you are not comfortable with a lot of registry edits I recommend one of the tools. That's the best way to go anyway and is much easier.

Here are a few tools. I have used the "Windows Update Blocker" from Sordium on some customer computers with good results. The rest I just know of but have never used myself.

https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-1/

https://www.novirusthanks.org/products/win-update-stop/

http://www.site2unblock.com/win-updates-disabler/

Can It possibly be true??!!!!

Iv tried to open CCW everyday now for weeks. No dice.
Iv been on an install the last few days and I haven't gotten back to it. Probably Tuesday was the last time I tried without success.

Today I come in and to my surprise..... It worked!
I can open all my projects. Add a controller. It seems, OK.

Has the elusive Microsoft Security Update Fix been released finally to end all headaches. Or is my joy only temporary?

I haven't tried my other laptop, I will this evening though.

Just in time..... I'm told my new Case Sealer is going in tomorrow. Find a solution.
I been sweating about man!

A 20K sq. foot greenhouse control/monitor project was lost to this but I'm glad its resolved.

Just a passing confirmation and comment...

1083785 - CCW & ISaGRAf: The project data is corrupted
Last Updated: 02/13/2019
Access Level: Everyone

1083785 said:
Solution
Problem is solved by latest Security Update for Windows (12-Feb-2019). Check for new updates on your operating system.

12th February is still early February in my book and not "...Early February my arse! Its now MID February...", which was, ironically, posted on the 12th. I'm not arguing with your frustrations on this one, which I fully believed to be true. But again, by Microsoft's typical update scheduling, this was definitely an expedited case, and I'm sure no small part was played by Rockwell in achieving this.

All that frustration aside though, I am glad to hear ye are glad! (y)

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Perhaps they heard me getting angry and decided to fix it then!!
Just a hunch.

I'm glad its back. I'm installing a machine today with a Micro850 brain. I really needed my software.

Now, I'm curious. If a similar thing were to happen with Studio, would there not be panic in the streets?

hi i have a same issue here.
using a CCW V12 in windows 10 and I dont have the windows KB updates listed from the forum on my system but still having that error

"Controller

The project data is corrupted.
Unhandled exception occurred during the filling of table resource properties."
can anyone help?

Milo,

It's been a while since I fixed this so I dont remember what I did and of course I didnt post it on here for some reason, but I think it was specifically some update about Microsoft security that I uninstalled. I know this is a longshot but if you just updated your system then maybe whatever security update came with that is one you can remove. One other thing is perhaps you can roll back whatever update just occurred? Basically I'm pretty sure it was a "windows blows with AB software" problem. I feel like whenever we update I see massive problems that make no sense.

my first time with CCW, after reading this i am bloody weary about it, i did use a very early version around V3 and it was in simple terms "Crapware" looks like its still clunky at best and unstable.

maybe its should be renamed " Covid Connected Workbench"