Windows Based S5 Software

Fred,

I tend to think that you went a bit over the top with the abuse in your reply, it was not necessary to use the language that you chose to use. (n)

I was mearly pointing out to 504Bloke, that he does require the authoriation disk, with the correct authorisation on it, there is always the possibility that the person selling the software did not transfer the authorisation back to the floppy. It was not a slur on 504Bloke's character for buying software via ebay.

Paul

P.S Ron, you're right, some here are asinine!

Fred Floggle said:
The cheap charlie deserves what he gets - ebay trash , and has the cheek to use a Jack flag , though that means nothing now . If the software is original licensed , I will eat my underpants. Someone actually pays for S5 ?

Is the software Windows or DOS based ? You F**king ****.
What cable ? the one for yout fu*king immersion heater , which one did you think ? what did you buy it for if you can't even spell "ENGINEER"
Lol looks like someone didn't have their coffee or medication this morning ;)

504, that software should do the trick, but you do need to check on the authorization disk to ensure that the license is there. Good luck!

Fred Floggle said:
The cheap charlie deserves what he gets - ebay trash , and has the cheek to use a Jack flag , though that means nothing now . If the software is original licensed , I will eat my underpants. Someone actually pays for S5 ?

What cable ? the one for yout fu*king immersion heater , which one did you think ? what did you buy it for if you can't even spell "ENGINEER"

Thats right fred all ebay stuff is total rubbish and all software is copied!

Take a look here,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41499&item=7504279442&rd=1

perhaps i am going colour blind but it does look like the real stuff to me!

Also there is genuine Siemens software on ebay, doesnt come up much but it is there if you look for it !

Boy you got up grumpy this morning

As for the immersion heater cable............VERY FUNNY

How would we connect it perhaps a diagram :)

Fred Floggle said:
The cheap charlie deserves what he gets - ebay trash

See Photo Attached, Original S5 with Activation Disk and it all works fine!

Fred Floggle said:
and has the cheek to use a Jack flag , though that means nothing now .

Yes i use a jack flag if you mean Union Jack ? Whats your problem with that may i ask ?

Fred Floggle said:
If the software is original licensed , I will eat my underpants.

It is original, take a look at the pic!

As for the underpants then id rather you let me know your postal address and ill send you a set of mine after a night out on the vindaloo ;) ?

Fred Floggle said:
Someone actually pays for S5 ?

So from this i gather you are running unlicensed s5 software or is this a dig at everyone with s5 software ?

Fred Floggle said:

Windows or Dos, i think thats a fair question!

As for calling me that well i have been called far worse at times!

The above post lists some windows software for the legacy s5 product, no-one mentioned step5, after i saw this on ebay i asked here as most members i have come across are really really helpful !

I am not a siemens expert and didnt know so i figured i would ask.

I cannot get step5 to run in a dos window under my xp machine but it runs fine on my other laptop on win98 booted to dos.

Fred Floggle said:

I think that asking for the cable part number is another fair question and i got an answer - thanks to moggie

And btw you spelt "YOUR" wrong its has an "R" on the end not a "T" :)

I find after looking at some of your other posts that you seem to have a bit of a problem!

I cant find where i spelt "ENGINEER" wrong but i feel sure you will point this out!

And finally thanks to everyone else here who answered some of my questions ;)

Its like being in the real worlld here on this forum...............................

Theres always one who likes to spoil it for the many

Oh and lastly Mr Floggle..... If i ask a question in future then I would rather you didnt PRESUME anything about me, so please dont reply to my post and dont bother to annoy me with a PM...

Thanks all for your answers, including ron, paul, stevo, moggie, krk, jesper and ronan

Regards

Dave

Ok, floogle, eat your underpants!!!!
Make sure it's the same pair u wore continuously after a week of startup.

No defense But :- there is a load of dodgy software on sale in ebay - and there are also a few guys here who like posting urls for crack sites and backdoor passwords . With kind respects - can you be sure that the key disk for the software purchased wasn't copied before it was sold .
I can sell you loads of original siemens software with keydisk and intact licenses , but of course I have backed them up first , what if I don't forget to kill the backup .

There are some very strange things posted here :-

"I have just bought an original copy of

Step5 for S5 ver. 7.2

from ebay, it was too good an auction not to buy even if the software doesnt work!

One question

Is this windows / dos based ?

Presumably this is Siemens own programming software ? "

The fact that there is a box with a big Siemens Logo shown , tends to give the game away perhaps-maybe ?

Unregistered said:
One question

Is this windows / dos based ?

Presumably this is Siemens own programming software ? "

The fact that there is a box with a big Siemens Logo shown , tends to give the game away perhaps-maybe ?

The picture is one i took for MrFloggle.

The Auction didnt have a good pic at all, in fact it was of an s5 plc and not the software, auction read

"Simatic Step 5 version 7.02 with CD/Floppies & Manuals "

The chap who sold it sent me a copy of the receipt of where he bought it from, RSComponents.

The Disk looks Original as far as i can tell, in that i think it would be pretty hard to fake the siemens disk sticker on it, the seller said the software was no longer needed as he had no s5's any more.

No fake , but it is very easy to copy it - my only point is that no-one should condone dodgy software - I see you buddies point , if nothing else , there are people who have to make a living using proper stuff- I have just paid a load of dough for new S7 , with all the bits . So someone bootlegs it , and we all have to work for nothing to compete with the price because Joe Soap doesn't have to factor in the cost of his software , truth is , it doesn't do anyone any good .

Unregistered said:
No fake , but it is very easy to copy it - my only point is that no-one should condone dodgy software - I see you buddies point , if nothing else , there are people who have to make a living using proper stuff- I have just paid a load of dough for new S7 , with all the bits . So someone bootlegs it , and we all have to work for nothing to compete with the price because Joe Soap doesn't have to factor in the cost of his software , truth is , it doesn't do anyone any good .

He's no buddy, and he could have been a little more polite about his thoughts / comments

i have paid AB loads over the years and am still coughing up to be in support and have the latest software etc, its part of the job, if you run copied unlicensed software then you cant phone em give em your serial number and get help when the **** hits the fan and your RSLinx wont connect to a plc thats faulted!

On another complete tangent why dont plc software suppliers ship there software with electronic dongles which would get over the copied key disk scenario.

But i do know what you mean...

Last edited: