RS View to Factory Talk -convertion

vikas.vvs

Dear all,

i have a HMI project done using AB RSView V4.0.
now i have a new Factory Talk software v 5.0.

Is it possible to convert the old application ( Rsview) to Factory talk.

just i need to do some modification in the old hmi project. when i tried to import the old application to the Factort talk (.med file)
,i got a error messege
" Failed to import project. (Unable to rename files)"

is displayed !!

please help me

vikas.vvs said:
Dear all,

i have a HMI project done using AB RSView V4.0.
now i have a new Factory Talk software v 5.0.

Is it possible to convert the old application ( Rsview) to Factory talk.

just i need to do some modification in the old hmi project. when i tried to import the old application to the Factort talk (.med file)
,i got a error messege
" Failed to import project. (Unable to rename files)"

is displayed !!

please help me

Are you trying to import the same application into FactoryTalk Studio using the Application Manager? If so, you cannot import an application that already exists. This is a feature still missing, an 'Already Exists, Do you wish to Rename?'

If you wish to import the application, you first need to remove (after backing up) the original using the Application Manager to Delete.

If the applications were already on your machine when you upgraded the software, then you simply just have to open them. Otherwise, take curlyandshemp's suggestion and use the application manager to restore it.

On occasion, I have had an issue with the conversion. Some of the screen names have ended up with a space added to the name, which FT will not accept. Not only do you have to remove the space on the screen name, but any screen navigations need to have the space removed also. This took us a while to figure out, so if it happens to you, hopefully it will save some time.