AB 1746-OW16 output card

ELarsen

I am wondering if anyone has ever replaced a relay on one of these output cards. I have a card which is fine except for one relay. I dont have any spares on this card. I know AB doesnt like it, but why would they when they can get 250 dollars for a new one. I wouldn't want to compromise safety or anything. Mainly just wondering aloud.
Thanks.

Ed

I cant say that I have replaced any on that particular card (its possible though) but I do board level repairs on anything that I can find parts for. I try to go a notch higher on specs and quality when possible. The issue when doing this is being able to obtain parts that fit properly and are rated equal to (or higher) than the original.

Repair?

I haven't done it myself but my company contracted out repairs for all A-B modules, I forget the name of the company but it wasn't associated with A-B. If you can locate parts that fit and meet or exceed the spec. go for it.

Roger