Siemens S7 400 with RSView

inisys

i have been asked to look at using RSView with a Siemens S7400 PLC by our client. I have some reservations about using a system that lends its self to a particular PLC (AB). Most people making comments on RSView (Other than the Sales Rep) have only engineered RSView with AB. Now I understand that one can use RSlinx OPC as an interface for most PLC's but has anyone used RSView with Siemens S7400 and if so how did they find it.

RSview32 works very well with S7-400.

You will need : If comm needs to be on TCP/IP Link

a) Ethernet TCP/IP card in S7-400 RACK

b) Softnet (Proto Stack for Seimens TCP/IP RFC standard) from Siemens if you use normal Ethernet card in PC i.e 3com etc, or you can use PC based ethernet card provided by siemens in which case Softnet is not required.

c)OPC driver for S7 Protocol from Siemens. ( Not Send Recv )

The combination works very well and we have used practically.