• I support relay logic and never want to stop using it

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
geniusintraining said:
Derived from.... http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=31776

there have been a lot of comments on that thread... but just to see how many disagree with the people that do it the correct way ;)

I hope I covered them all...

Edit: I made the second one from the bottom for my friend Mickey :D

Thanks, I do support relay logic. But thats not what I said in the other thread. My vote is "Always" install interposing relays.
The PLC is used to control the output relays and to read the status of the input relays. ( thus interposing or slave relays)
My main reason is isolation. ( in and out)
I agree with everything JesterMP says and disagree with most everything Gerry and Panic Mode said.
So there.

Last edited:
...and Hakutsuru said...

I don't think I've ever seen a poll in this forum. I'm sure the results, as with any opinion poll, can be manipulated according to how the question is asked. I think most of us are smart enough to realize that, and maybe thats why there aren't many done.

-jeff
I guess he hasn't been paying attention.

i stand by what i said, different applications have different needs. i am not declaring war on
interposing relays, i use them when and where they are needed or present good solution.

but doing same thing over and over (and just for the heck of it, not because it's needed or justified...)
reminds me of one member's signature... (poll starter?)