ANDON (type) System...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
One of our former customers inquired about installing an ANDON alert system in his facility. I have heard the term, but haven't dug into it much. It sounds like he's just looking for a centralized display to alert operators to problems, with data logging on their SCADA system. He'd like to use wireless links, but it's not mandatory. Sorry, I don't have much more detail.

I'm not really interested in doing the project because the majority of the job consists of on-site installation, and I can't afford to be out of the plant for the time it would take. Additionally, he's looking to start the job NOW, and my current work load doesn't afford me the time... :(

I offered to recommend someone, so if any of the professional 'regulars' here are interested in tacking this project, feel free to PM me about it. 'Regulars' know who they are. IOW, students, newbies, etc. looking for a practice project, don't bother... :rolleyes:

The facility where it is to be installed is in Hayward, CA (SE of San Francisco), so you will require sunglasses... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

Note to Phil: If you consider this post off-topic, feel free to delete it... ;)