Siemens S5 & S7

Balls Ache

:confused:Hi
I ask this question more out of curiosity than anything else. When using Siemens, eg S5 ver 7.x or S7 ver 5.1 What happens to the token files after you have authorised the software?
Where are the files stored, what is their function apart from protecting the the software being copied?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yours confused,

Steveo

Siemens authorization is done through a program called AuthorSW that will create a folder (mine is AX NF ZZ) that stores the licensing info. By default these are hidden files, if you cant see them then you dont have your computer set to view hidden files/folders. To change that you open Win Explorer then goto View or Tools then Folder Options, click on the View tab then scroll down to Hidden Files and Folders, select the option to show files and folders then click Apply.

Hi, Steveo,

The Simatic authorization program will always create the hidden folder
AX NF ZZ in your root directory, the files A1S5BP*.* are used by
Step 5.
The authorization for the simatic manager (Step 7) will also use the
files scpw32.dll and scpw32a.dll. You can find them in your windows/system directory.

Regards

OB90

Hi Ron
Thanks for the reply. Ive now set up explorer to show hidden files/folders. I know from the past that if you try an copy these authorisation files you end up destroying them as the next time you run S5 or S7 it tells you the software requires to be authorised.

I checked out your site last week and it looks great! I also logged on to your forum as SBC (my initials).There is a need for a site(s) for maintenance elects/techs and I will regularly be logging into Phil's and your site. Some suggestions for topics to cover would be ; Explanation of Siemens CPU memory areas, load and transfer, DO instruction, 4 to 20ma etc.

PS: The reason I logged on to this site as Balls Ache was at that time, and at many other times, I feel Siemens software is Ball's Aching to understand.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Steveo