Install A.I. series with RSLogix key

mulderm

M
Hello everybody,

I want to install the A.I. series (ICOM) PLC5 without
the masterdisk.
Can I use the masterdisk of RSLogix5?
When I have installed RSLogix5 (include RSLinx) can I use
the install diskettes of A.I. series without the masterdisk of this?
I hope that somebody can answer.
Greetings

mulderm

I believe the answer is NO. Each master disk is unique to the specific product.

Rich
:(

We just went through an icom incident where the computer with the "key" installed crashed for good 🔨 hurray it was a piece of junk really. But we tried a variety of ways to communicate with a plc2 to no avail. Finally we made some phone calls and found someone with extra licences and he was kind enough to give us one.
This machine was down for days because of this but the powers that be still don't see why we need to replace such an outdated system.

When you do get your master disk, I suggest using a cloning program like Undisker to make a couple of copies of it. There are times that your computer will crash for good and it's nice to be able to reinstall and activate your product as quickly as possible.

Another good program for making archive copies of master disks is Disk Factory. Been using it a few years now and haven't lost a license yet even though I have lost a hard drive or two.

Dave