changing PLC 5 I/O module config online

cjjeeper

I have a PLC5-40 with 1771-IL card. I need to change one of the channels from its current configuration of 0-5vdc|0-20 ma to the new required configuration of 1-5vdc|4-20ma. I made the change and accepted the edits but then it asked me if I wanted to download the I/O channel change. Is this a PLC download? The PLC is live now and if its a download I would shut down various equipment. The documentation is not clear what is going to occur if I answer yes to this and its not clear if I have to do it. (its a card in the local chassis).

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I am trying to change the IP address of the Omron PLC (NJ30-1200) and HMI (NB7W-TW01B) to fetch the network on our network...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Is it Possible to change the Power flex 753 Drive Electronic keying when PLC is in Online, If So If I change the Electronic keying...
Replies
Views
HI, im a student and never experience changing PLC battery. i have some questions in mind. 1. how will i know if the battery is low or it...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys: PLC Klockner Moeller now Eaton. I need to updload (rockwell terminology) the program inside this plc. My customer wants to replace it...
Replies
Views
hello I bought new plc dvp es2e and 12se I need them for the ethernet in them Now every plc comes with a default ip addreas and tcpip port In...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom