Powerflex 753 Manual Control

mylespetro

Hey everyone, yet another PF753 question.

We have everything installed and running well, but we've run into an issue due to miscommunication. We currently have a drive with a Remote/Local switch on the panel that drives the DI Manual Ctrl parameter on Di3 when in the Local position. This defers to a local operator's pedestal with a Start, E-stop, a Jog Fwd/Jog Reverse selector switch with a corresponding Jog button, in addition to a speed pot.

We had accidentally set up the drive to be jogged from the start button on this station, while the operators want a latching start from the button, as well as being able to control it from the speed pot. We do have the pot wired in, but since we're using Jog 1 and Jog 2, it's not being referenced. Essentially, when we hit the Local switch, we're looking for the drive to switch from Auto to Manual so it will reference our speed pot (wired to Anlg In 0 on a 2262D-2R I/O card in Port 4), but I think that the drive is staying in Auto even when we put the switch in Local. Is that an anomaly, or do we have to change a parameter (logic mask somewhere?) to have the drive switch to manual?

Thanks in advance, you guys have been super helpful in the several posts I've already made.

Yet another easy fix, just had to rewire what we had as the jog to the relay bringing in the start command (Di0) and the drive worked as intended, following the speed pot reference.