Wonderware Screen Export

marty911

Wondering if there is a way to take screen(s) within an application created in 10.6 and export the screen(s) and then import the source screens into a 10.5 application. Very basic InTouch application with limited functionality (standard scripting) nothing that I would say should be version specific but somewhere in the export the version of the screen must be specified because when I go to import into the 10.5 application I get a version error. Help is appreciated.

If you tried to import a window from the 10.6 application and it didn't work, then I don't know how to make it work. I'm not aware of a capability to downgrade the entire InTouch application. I've upgraded quite a few, but never downgraded.

If there's a way to do it, someone here will hopefully know about it. Otherwise, you'll just have to manually duplicate the window(s) that you want. You could probably pick the relevant tags out of a DB Dump and import them into the 10.5 application.

Best of luck!

If you had Intouch running on two separate VMs you might be able to open the screen select all and copy then paste in the other machine.

marty911,

I have done this. First make a back up of your project in case the windows get corrupted. Right clicking on the screen and choose select all. Then use pull down menu Arrange, and select Make Cell. Now use the pull down Special menu and select SmartSymbol, Generate SmartSymbol will be a sub-selection, click it and the SmartSymbol - Managemet Mode tool box will pop up. Your screen will be listed on the right as something like NewSymbol1. Give it a name you will recognize. This can be exported. Then import into to a lower version of InTouch with :(Special menu, SmartSymbol, Manage SmartSympol, File , Import) and paste to an empty window of the same size as the original. When pasted into the older version of InTouch simply us the Arrange menu and select Break Cell.

Note that some numeric display and numeric entry objects have to be tweaked for range of min and max values.

marty911,

I have done this. First make a back up of your project in case the windows get corrupted. Right clicking on the screen and choose select all. Then use pull down menu Arrange, and select Make Cell. Now use the pull down Special menu and select SmartSymbol, Generate SmartSymbol will be a sub-selection, click it and the SmartSymbol - Managemet Mode tool box will pop up. Your screen will be listed on the right as something like NewSymbol1. Give it a name you will recognize. This can be exported. Then import into to a lower version of InTouch with :(Special menu, SmartSymbol, Manage SmartSympol, File , Import) and paste to an empty window of the same size as the original. When pasted into the older version of InTouch simply us the Arrange menu and select Break Cell.

Note that some numeric display and numeric entry objects have to be tweaked for range of min and max values.

If you had Intouch running on two separate VMs you might be able to open the screen select all and copy then paste in the other machine.

I have used copy paste before using VNC and two computers.

I've tried that a few times over the years and never had it work. The Windows clipboard is flakey to begin with as sometimes even text refuses to copy between VMs but when I try to copy in WindowMaker in one VM and then try and paste into another, it never works.

It would be helpful if it did as even when they are the same version it would be much faster than exporting the screen on one then going through the import on the other, just to get a new object or screen.

Last edited:
How about opening the 10.5 app in 10.6 to convert, then do the export/import from the original 10.6 app?
I believe the runtime license for 10.5 is compatible with 10.6. We are only looking at Intouch 2012 (10.5) and 2012 R2 (10.6).

How about opening the 10.5 app in 10.6 to convert, then do the export/import from the original 10.6 app?
I believe the runtime license for 10.5 is compatible with 10.6. We are only looking at Intouch 2012 (10.5) and 2012 R2 (10.6) .

NO... I found out they require a different license.