VPN Setup

solehm

I have absolutely no experience with setting up a VPN. What software/hardware is needed to set up a VPN? Do I need to have a static Internet IP address or is dynamic Internet IP ok?

I came across a Linksys VPN router after a few searches. It seems these routers have VPN software built into them and as long as a computer/laptop has Windows XP or 2000, they can connect from a remote site.

Has anyone set up VPN using Linksys Routers (RV082, RV016, etc.) before? If yes, how difficult was it to set up? Linksys also have something called QuickVPN. Is that any good?

What other manufacture has something similar?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Accidently post question on the practice section.

If you search this site for VPN you will see a number of threads that may help you while waiting for others to reply.

Hope this help,
Bob O