PLC System Alarms to DCS !!!

Tomsci

Dear Experts,

I would like to request your help in a task which we are carrying out in our plant.Due to my limited experience with PLCs, I thought of posting this in forum.

At our site, we have many PLCs for different units which comprises of Siemens , AB , Triconex ,Bently Nevada etc.All of them are communicating to DCS using modbus and most of them have redundant CPUs.Since it is difficult to monitor each remotely installed PLCs individually, we want to monitor the SYSTEM STATUS of each PLC from DCS. I want to send all important status signals avaliable in PLCs to DCS via modbus.

1.From your experience, what are the main PLC system status signals (eg: Battery Fault , CPU 1 Fail, Ground Fault etc..) which need to be monitored ? I am expecting either a general answer applicable to all PLCs or for specific brands given below.

a) SIEMENS S7-400 (CPU 417H)
b) AB Controllogix (CPU 1756-L61)
c) Triconex (Tricon MP 3008 Processor)

2. Can some share some documents for the PLCs above which lists all status bits builtin to PLC so that I can access via modbus.

I hope i have clearly conveyed what I am looking for.Kindly let me know if any more details are required.

All comments are welcome.

regards,
Tom

i wonder why i did not get any response..i guess Q wasn't clear or may be it is not interesting.

i just thought if someone has already done it, i could save time instead of going thru all the PLC hardware manuals searching for built in status bits.